Wednesday, December 30, 2009
The top image are thumbnails for the next two levels before I start drawing them out. The chinatown level will have lanterns that fall to the ground and can be kicked around while the office level will have breakable glass windows on the side and plenty of cubicles to smash through.
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Monday, December 28, 2009
Feature Lock: Week 4
Finish Date: April 28th
Total Asset List
Art: Ozzy animations full set, Grunt animations full set, Scientist animations full set, font set, intro screen, game over screen, in between levels screen, level bosses, LAG animations full set, Spike Trap animations full set, break-able objects for each level
Code: Initializing the level timer, setting up levels, setting up bosses, special attack after guitar squeels are maxed, group AI, singular AI, initializing any remaining feedback items, polish FX (screen shake, zoom), enemies spawning off screen, fire trail
Music: Level 1 to 5 background music, game over song, level completed song, intro theme, credits song, boss theme
SFX: 5 bosses sounds, scientist hit, collision sound, injection sound, points added to score after combo, Ozzy special hit sound, adding to crowd meter sound
Week 1 - Wednesday, Jan 27th - This week is to take care of anything left over from the break
Art: Ozzy movement animations started, level objects concepted
Code: Group and Singular AI started
Music: Writing in progress on level 3 song
SFX: injection sound
Week 2 - Wednesday, Feb 3rd
Art: Bosses concept-ed, Ozzy movement animations complete
Code: Group and Singular AI completed
Music: Level 2 song recorded, level 3 song in progress
SFX: adding to crowd meter
Week 3 - Wednesday, Feb 10th
Art: Grunt movement animations complete, feedback timer for grunt queen bee (! or an arrow with a timer under it)
Code: current asset integration, AI debugging, level set up with placeholder screens
Music: Level 3 song recorded, level 2 song mastered
Week 4 - Wednesday, Feb 17th - Feature Lock
Art: All Scientist animations complete, Boss animations started
Code: adding assets, level timer in place, bosses in place with placeholders
Music: Level 4 song written, level 3 song mastered
Week 5 - Wensday, Feb 24th
Art: Grunt animations complete
Code: Special attack integrated (it goes off only when hit, make character blink to signal), enemies spawning off screen and coming in.
Music: level 5 song written, level 4 song mastered
Week 6 - Wensday, March 3rd
Art: Ozzy animations continued
Code: Polish FX put in place (Screen shake, zoom), grading system and end of level tally started
Music: level 5 song mastered, game over song written
Week 7 - Wensday, March 10th
Art: Ozzy animations complete
Code: Grading system and end of level tally complete, fire trail implemented
Music: game over song mastered, level over song written
Week 8 - Wensday, March 17th - Full Level System Accomplished/All Assets In
Art: Boss animations complete
Code: Game must work from the start screen to the end of the level(game over/end of level then start a new level)
Music: Intro theme written, level over song mastered
Week 9 - Wensday, March 24th - Beta
Art: LAG animations complete
Code: LAG behavior coded
Music: Intro theme recorded/mastered
Week 10 - Wensday, March 31st
Art: Main logo, company logo, credits designed
Code: This is overflow space
Music: Credits theme written
SFX: This is overflow space
Week 11 - Wensday, April 7th
Art: Start screen, game over screen, level over screen designed
Code: Bug testing, Bug fixing, implementing all of the assets
Music: Credits theme recorded and mastered
SFX: Overflow space
Week 12 - Wensday, April 14th
Art: Website designed
Code: Bug testing, bug fixing, website coding
Music: Overflow space
SFX: Overflow space
Week 13 - Wensday, April 21st
Art: Website up and running
Code: Final bug fixing, tweaks
Music: Overflow space
SFX: Overflow space
Week 14 - Wensday, April 28th - Final Game
Saturday, December 26, 2009
Two different versions of the head gear, I'm going to go with the one on the left as the one on the right reads too much like a turban and long hair.
The plates on the chest will alert the players as to when they're converted also they can rip off their masks and other things to indicate.
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
1) Finish gaining power/speed, then integrate a spawning ratio of grunts at the different levels, also the losing of power when you get hit. Must be accomplished: Moving up a speed level after a hit, player getting a boost after a successful hit as per the diagram, losing all speed levels if hit.
2) Fix turning guys red bug, must use tint not animation.
3) Fix scientists effecting the crowd meter.
4) Fix bug of people moving with the screen and not going outside of it. They must go off screen.
5) Fix knocking over people so they get flung and if an enemy being flung hits another enemy do secondary damage to those around them. (Have that counted in the score 100 for full 50 for half). MAKE A MOCK UP OF THIS!!
6) Fix getting hit yourself and being throw away, then blinking for a few seconds before being able to bit hit again.
7) Feedback (blood splats on the screen, showing when scientists are attacking crowd, using the red tint, getting a score report from a hit (numbers come off the dudes you hit and goto the combo meter?), What happens if a combo fails (X the thing out)
8) Finish breakable objects (Get rid of dud bomb after its hit and cycles through the animation)
9) Combo meter bug (Timer does not reset)
1) Get the 5 level paintings done.
2) An icon that displays the scientists working ( blinking urgent Syringe?)
3) Icon that displays when the mouse is active/inactive
4) The crowd
5) Feedback things (Combo failing, fonts for the score text, general game fonts)
1) Start making drum beats with Cubase and Drum Kit from Hell
2) Get finished Metaleqsua song to Russ for mixing.
3) Begin writing Pantera and Slipknot-ish songs
4) Feedback sounds (Barrel/Objects getting hit, smacking noise for collision, Ozzy's sounds)
Sunday, December 20, 2009
Play the Semi-Working Prototype
Power Levels with enemies that can hurt you turning red.
Breakable Objects break
Barrels get tossed around the screen.
Enemies don't run to the right.
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Play the Prototype
It's very broken.
Something to indicate when the mouse is going to let go. A circle under the player that blinks? Yes.
Fix the mouse going off the screen and coming back on bug. It should let go when it's off the screen.
Character should always plow through enemies never bounce off of them unless he's hit.
If the player is hit give him time to recover and toss him around.
Something should happen when he reached the top of the hit sound FX, like he freaks out and blows a bunch of enemies around. AOE spell.
Sound FX for grunts taking damage not just the pinch harmonic.
Monday, December 14, 2009
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Margaret: Group/Single AI, Feedback (Blood Splats, numbers appearing for hits, scoring differences (scientist worth more than a grunt, a dud bomb work less than scientist and grunt) )
Lawrence: 5 Level Backdrops, placeholders for robot/large guy, finish writing metallesqua and pantera stages.
Bugs to Fix: Tinting Enemies, screen scrolling bringing enemies/objects with it, impulse from hitting an enemy not triggering, speed/power building.
Margaret Priority Order:
Queen Bee (It can be any random grunt and if they die the state change aborts)
Wall of Death
Hardcore Pit (standing around but they spread out all over the screen)
Scientists (hooked up to the combo meter)
Scoring Differences (scientists worth more than grunts, level objects worth less)
Numbers for Hits
Screen Blood Splats
Lawrence Priority Order:
First Sketches Laid Out Together for Cohesion
Level/Breakable Objects Noted
Final Line-work done
Color Pallets for Each Level Picked and Assembled Together for Cohesion
Black and White Shading for Each Level
Large Angry Guy Placeholders
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
- A queen bee for when the states change (Like the circle pit all forms up around one guy, kill that guy the game doesn't change states or 2 guys on each side of the wall of death that everyone is forming up on) The lead guy would have to raise his hand or indicate in some way.
- Taking some damage should be encouraged (adding to combo meter/speed/power if you're in a certain state of fucked up)
- Controls feel sluggish (I think this is because they're not gaining speed, we've got to get that system in)
- It's hard to see what's going on in a big group (I put 25 dudes on screen which is about right)
- Needs more indication of what can and can't hurt you (We're doing this anyway)
- It doesn't feel like a Mosh Pit.
Thursday, December 3, 2009
To sum it up: Every time you do damage you get a speed boost and move up a speed level to move faster overall.
If you take damage you lose all of your speed levels and go back to the starting point.
If the combo timer runs out you lose all of your speed levels and go back to the starting point.